Monday, October 11, 2010

Pastor Ben Davidson, Guest Blogger

In my absence, Ben Davidson is guest blogging today:

Last week, I was watching a group of birds outside my office window. There were five of them gathered together on adjacent branches. At once, 4 of the 5 went together to higher branches--leaving the fifth behind. They stayed this way for a few minutes. I watched and wondered if the fifth would join the rest of the group. Suddenly a sixth bird landed near the fifth, and they flew together to join the group.


It reminded me of our roles in the church. There are going to be those in our church who are with us, then maybe because of the growing pressures around them, stray from the group, not looking like they'll connect to Christian community. Nevertheless, our role, like the 6th bird, is to go to them and shepherd them back to where all need to be--in the community of faith.

As I typed this out, the group of birds landed on the gutter directly by my window...then flew away...together.

Hebrews 10:24-25 says, 24 And let us consider how to stir up one another to love and good works, 25 not neglecting to meet together, as is the habit of some, but encouraging one another, and all the more as you see the Day drawing near.

Let us not neglect,

Ben D.

For more insights on Christian community, go to Pastor Daniel's blog entry at: http://danielbennett.blogspot.com/2010/08/why-my-family-is-participating-in-care.html

No comments: