Friday, May 2, 2008

Bethany Community Church Special Update

Here's a church plant email I just sent out...I'm really excited about the possibility of working with Ben.

Dear Bethany,

I just wanted to personally comment on something that will be arriving in many of your mailboxes tomorrow and Monday. That “something” is a letter from Craig Hodges regarding our associate minister position. Craig was the chairman of the associate minister review committee. The purpose of his letter is to share with you more information about the position the man we believe God is calling to fill that position.

On Sunday evening, June 1, we will be voting as a church to confirm Ben Davidson as Associate Minister at Bethany Community Church at our annual meeting. Prior to that meeting, at 4:30 PM, there will be a time for Q & A with Ben in the upper room by the gym.

Let me share two quick thoughts…

First, I’d like to encourage you to come to the Q & A time and stay for the evening service and meeting. I know summer evenings can be busy, but this is an exciting time in the life of our young congregation! Come and support Ben and his family as they seek God’s confirmation of their call through you.

Second, I’d like to share with you how excited I am about the prospect of working with Ben. Many of you know Ben from his work with our campus ministries. I have had the opportunity of working with him in a variety of ministry contexts. I have been consistently impressed by his love for the Lord, his passion for the lost, his administrative abilities, and his consistent focus on discipleship. Beyond this, I have been personally challenged by his focus on personal holiness and biblically shepherding his family. I trust that those of you who participate in the church plant will also benefit from his ministry in your life.

Be checking those mailboxes!!!

By His Grace,

Pastor Daniel

No comments: